TROY, Mich./Garden Grove, Calif. – October 2, 2013 –
The annual Altair Technology Conference
(ATC) is underway at the Hyatt Regency Orange County in Garden Grove, Calif. This is one of nine Altair events held annually
throughout Europe, Asia, and South America. The series collectively draws thousands of professionals to share experiences and successes leveraging Altair simulation and optimization tools to innovate design and development processes. New additions to the conference include the PBS Works™ User Group
and the Enterprise Solutions Track.
Keynote speakers headlining the 2013 ATC include:
- Robert McIntosh, Boeing Chief Engineer of Weight Engineering in the BCA Flight Sciences organization;
- Brian Cottrell, Honeywell Aerospace Chief of Structures;
- Dr. Jayaraman Sivakumar, Senior Manager, Engine Structures Component Design and Analysis Department at GM Powertrain; and
- Norihiko Sawa, Group Manager for Toyota Japan.
Altair Chairman and CEO James Scapa will provide insight on how Altair’s expansion into a variety of industry verticals is helping customers better solve the toughest challenges in both engineering and business. Product lifecycle management (PLM) technologies like AcuSolve®
, cloud-based simulation with HyperWorks Unlimited™
, high performance computing (HPC), and advanced business and engineering analytics will be highlighted. Additional Altair executives will take the stage to showcase the company’s evolving software vision, including insight on its HPC and cloud strategies and how solidThinking Inspire®
is radically changing the user experience in design.
“Our global technology conference series, and particularly the Americas ATC, provides a venue for Altair customers to showcase their domain expertise and demonstrate the ways Altair optimization and simulation technologies have encouraged advanced engineering and game-changing business decisions,” said Scapa. “We are looking forward to the knowledge sharing, networking, and ideation that have become hallmarks of this annual event.”
Throughout the conference, experts from a wide variety of industries will participate in workshops to present their insights on trends, lessons learned from addressing complex design and engineering challenges, and how simulation and optimization technologies – including Altair’s flagship software suite HyperWorks®
– are enabling innovative problem solving. Session topics include analysis and automation, design exploration, structural optimization, composites design, concept design, and design for manufacturability.
Airfoil for Altair
+1 (248) 304-1429